Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada′s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America′s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital′s Workplace Health and Safety department.
The Director of the Women and Children′s program is an inspiring leader who provides strategic, operational, and transformational leadership to support Scarborough Health Networks′ (SHN) mission of improving lives through exceptional care.
Reporting to the Chief Nursing and Allied Professional Executive and Vice President, the Program Director will work closely with the Medical Directors for obstetrics and paediatrics, to provide leadership to the Women and Children′s program across all hospital sites. The scope of the role involves planning and coordination patient care services within the program to ensure the provision of seamless efficient, effective and patient focused delivery of patient care services to a diverse population. The Program Director will direct all activities, processes, internal and external relationships, strategic planning in alignment with the Clinical Services and Strategic Plan.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
• Foster a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff and others, ensuring compliance with health and safety policies and legislation, and the code of conduct of the hospital. Ensure that protective equipment is provided and that hazards are identified and responded to.
• Collaborate with the Medical Directors, Program Financial Analyst and Enterprise Analytics and other team members to utilize metrics to ensure the achievement of identified program and corporate quality and safety outcomes.
• Coach and mentor direct reports to create opportunities for management development, appraise their efforts to achieve business objectives.
• Establish effective leadership teams that optimize quality and performance in clinical, human resource, and administrative processes.
• Accountable for maintaining a balanced budget within the PSG, develop appropriate action plans to address variances.
• Plan for, evaluate, and implement evidence-based best practices, including new technologies, to support and enhance patient care delivery, improving efficiency and safety and minimizing risk to patients and staff.
• Strategically participate in the development of an integrated health delivery system within our region that improves the health status of our community.
• Manages internal and external relationships, consulting with knowledge experts in the broader health care environment to drive program developmental initiatives.
• Demonstrate ability to support and embrace the philosophy of Patient and Family Centered Care.
• Master′s Degree in a clinical discipline or and/or health-related discipline.
• Current Certification with the College Nurses of Ontario is preferred
• Demonstrated evidence of formal leadership training, with three to five years′ leadership experience
• A minimum of five years′ experience in obstetrics or paediatrics, preferably with exposure to diverse populations
• Proven experience in directing and managing complex change initiatives and projects to improve the care experience for women, newborns, children and youth, including defining project scope, goals, deliverables and frameworks for monitoring and evaluation in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
• Proven management skills, including quality improvement, change management, evaluation, planning and utilization management skills, risk and patient safety
• Focus on clinical experience, patient and family-centred care, evidence-based practices and measurable quality outcomes,
• Strong fiscal experience including preparing and submitting budget proposals, briefing notes and business cases, monitoring fiscal performance and implementing strategies to meet financial accountability requirements,
• Demonstrated ability to build strategic alliances and partnerships with health system partners across the continuum of care (e.g., hospitals, community care and primary care) and the Ontario to promote service excellence and system innovation,
• Strong team engagement, facilitation, coaching and mentoring skills to maximize team morale and improve culture,
• Demonstrated success at optimizing the patient/family experience through program planning, care delivery and evaluation,
• Experience in integrating Lead thinking and best practice tools into daily operations, while promoting a culture of continuous quality and process improvement is an asset,
• Understanding of and commitment to SHN′s comprehensive safety programs and practices
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciates the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Excellent work performance and attendance record
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community′s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers