Michael Garron Hospital, North York General Hospital, Scarborough Health Network and Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre are partnering to improve critical care nursing capacity within our region, by creating a pool of Intensive Care/Critical Care Nurses. These unique positions are for Registered Nurses looking to grow in their career and expand their knowledge in a highly supportive environment.
Currently we have exciting opportunities for individuals who want to take the next step in their career as a Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit/Critical Care Unit. As a member of this unique partnership, each successful candidate will be hired into a hospital site and have the ability to work at all four hospitals based on business needs and patient volumes. This is an amazing opportunity to practice nursing in leading GTA hospitals, share best practices and learn from top medical professionals. * If you are a Registered Nurse that has not been employed by a hospital or Long-Term Care Home in Ontario in the last two months you are eligible for a $25,000 grant.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
• Your goal in this position is to provide excellent patient and family centered care in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner
• You will do this by collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of care providers, with an emphasis on the assessment, education, prevention, maintenance, and restoration of the patient health in a patient focused environment.
• You have great interpersonal skills and effortlessly connect with patients and families, physicians, staff, and volunteers.
• You will demonstrate professional accountability for your practice and are able to identify and pursue opportunities to meet your learning needs.
• This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers, learners, patients and families.
• Current registration, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• 1-2 years' experience in an acute medical or surgical care unit preferred
• Current BCLS
• Current ACLS ( or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment)
• Completion of Critical Care Certificate
• 2 years in critical care setting an asset
• Ability to speak another language is an asset
• Demonstrated effective ability in interpersonal relationships, oral and written communication skills, organization skills, priority setting skills, problem solving, decision making, facilitating teamwork, conflict resolution
• Demonstrated ability to implement plan of care including independent and interdependent nursing functions.
• Demonstrated ability to handle stressful environments in a positive manner.
• Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function independently and be part of an interprofessional team member in fast paced demanding environment
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety and Code of Conduct policies and legislation.
• Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
• Demonstrated ability to participate in unit quality initiatives and measurement
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community′s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following SHNCareers on Twitter and on Instagram.